Introduction: Warts are epidermal outgrowths (skin outgrowths) caused due to infection of the skin and mucous membranes with HPV (human papilloma virus). They are contagious in nature. They can affect any part of the body. They are non-cancerous.
Types of warts
Verruca plana or juvenile warts: They are seen in children usually on the back of the hands or on the face. They are smooth, small, flat topped papules of skin color.
Verruca vulgaris: These affect any part of the body especially the hands and feet. The surface is rough and they are firm in consistency and non tender.
Plantar and palmer warts: They occur on the soles of the feet or on the palms. They are flat due to pressure. They have a tendency to grow inward.
Genital warts: They occur in genital areas of sexually active adults of either sex.
• A person can get common warts through direct contact with the human papillomavirus (HPV). One can also get the wart virus by touching a towel or object used by someone who has the virus. People who are more susceptible are more prone to get them.
• Warts usually spread through breaks in your skin, such as a hangnail or scrape. Biting nails can also cause the warts to spread on your fingertips and around your nails.
New warts can appear quickly after old ones go away as warts shed HPV virus.
Homeopathic medicines given internally give wonderful results and it is advisable not to cut off the wart. Homeopathy believes that whenever there is a derangement of the vital force or life force or in other words slight imbalance in the body it is expressed through skin in the form of some eruptions or warts.
It is an outwardly manifestation of internally deranged vital force. If we cut the wart or try to remove it, the disease is turned inwards and then the vital organs can be affected. Hence it is necessary to treat the person as a whole by considering his other symptoms also and not only his warts.
A detail case taking is required taking into consideration the miasms (disease producing agents) and the mental and physical symptoms of the patients. Then a constitutional medicine is prescribed considering the miasmatic background and other factors.
Within few days or months the warts will disappear and you will be restored to health. You will be also preventing any disease affecting you in future.
In order to prevent the spread of warts
• It is advisable not to touch them as picking may spread the virus.
• Do not bite your fingernails if you have warts near your finger nails.
• Do not shave areas with warts.
• Use a different nail clipper for healthy nails.
For consultation email me on : email@example.com